Abandoned Luxury cars in Dubai
Dubai is a wealthy nation where a number of people drive their own cars. But, one of the biggest problems being faced by the country is that of abandoned cars. In fact, you’ll find a number of people abandoning their cars at the airport’s car parking area. Apart from this, there are several other areas where you can easily spot abandoned cars. One of the primary reasons why people abandon cars in Dubai is because they find themselves deep in debt, following which they decide to dump their car and leave the city, others end up abandoning their cars because they were confiscated and were unable to pay the fines that were in excess of the car’s value. Hence, there’s no denying the fact that Dubai has a number of abandoned cars. In this article, find out how can you buy abandoned cars in Dubai.
Why People in Dubai Abandon their cars?
As already stated above, many car owners in Dubai abandon their luxury and other models of cars simply because they fail to amass enough money towards their debt payment. It must be noted that Dubai operates within the Sharia law and as per the law, there aren’t any repayment plans or the option to declare oneself bankrupt. Hence, if you fail to repay your debt in Dubai then you’ll be charged under the criminal offence and end up in the prison.
This implies that people who fail to make their car payments on time or even when there is a case of cheque bouncing then the owner of the car will be imprisoned. For obvious reason, such people choose to abandon their luxury cars along with the key. These cars are later collected by the Dubai police after a period of 15 days or so. Furthermore, if no one comes to claim the vehicle, then they are auctioned off at attractive prices. So, if you are interested in purchasing a high end or luxury cars such as Mercedes Benz, Honda NSX and other popular brands of cars that have been abandoned by their owners, then you can consider approaching dealers who offer abandoned cars in Dubai for sale. A number of car dealers provide a wide range of used cars in Dubai. Based on your requirement and preference, you can pick an abandoned car at a price that is well within your budget. Below, take a look at some of the points that you need to take into consideration before investing in an abandoned car.
1. Turn to a Mechanic before Purchasing the Car: Needless to mention, before you invest in an abandoned car you must turn to a car expert or mechanic who can tell you a thing or two about the car. If you are one of those people who have little to no knowledge about cars then you must turn to a car enthusiast or a mechanic and ask them to check if the abandoned car is ideal from the investment point of view or not. Typically, your mechanic should check the car’s condition and pay attention towards both the interiors as well as the exterior. The mechanic should check if all the parts of the car are functioning properly or not and whether it needs any repair work. In case you feel that the abandoned vehicle requires major repairs then you can negotiate the price accordingly. Remember, the abandoned car may have some safety issues or defects which will require your immediate attention. This is precisely why you must check the vehicle extensively to ensure that you are not wasting your money, but rather using it wisely.
2. Check the Vehicle’s History: When it comes to purchasing abandoned luxury cars in Dubai for sale, it is important that you look into the vehicle’s history. For instance, if you have the car’s VIN or Vehicle Identification number then you can easily gather more details about the vehicle’s history on websites that provide similar details about different models of cars. Remember, the car’s history related information will tell you whether the car has met any accidents in the past or not. Typically, the car's VIN number can be found on the top of its engine or on its dashboard or within the panel of the door. Once you have the VIN, you can cross-check different websites to find out additional details about the vehicle. Also, ensure that the car has a clean record and it has never been stolen in the past.
3. Check with the DMV: In case you are planning to purchase abandoned cars in Dubai for sale, you must also check with the DMV or the Department of Motor Vehicles and determine their guidelines for Dubai abandoned cars. You must also try and find the details of the original owner of the car. The DMV has specific instructions for purchasing abandoned luxury cars in Dubai for sale. You must follow the same to transfer the car’s documents in your name. Make sure you have complete clarity regarding all the legal aspects before you invest in it.
4. Find a Reputed Car Dealer: One of the easiest ways to purchase abandoned cars in Dubai for sale is to turn to reputed car dealers who provide new and used cars to their clients. Many car dealers in Dubai organized abandoned car action to sell different brands/models of cars in their possession. Hence, they not only provide a wide range of abandoned cars but also handle all the requisite legal and paperwork before handing over the abandoned car to you. Right from tracking the car’s VIN number to its past history, abandoned luxury cars in Dubai for sale providers will ensure that you don’t end up with a car that has a past history of multiple accidents or stealing.
5. Go for a Test Drive: No matter what the car dealer claims, you must check the abandoned car inside out. Check if the interiors of the car are fine and in working conditioner not. You must also go for a test drive to determine the car’s actual condition. While driving the car change the gears every now and then as well as a ride for a few kilometers to understand if the car is worth the amount you are willing to pay for it or not.
6. Reflect on the Future: Before purchasing abandoned cars in Dubai for sale, you must think about the future too. You must calculate whether the transportation costs that you will be incurring after owning the car is worth spending or not. It is equally important to reflect on the car’s resale value, in case you plan to resell it in the future. Also, check with your car dealer if you can avail an auto loan for purchasing the abandoned car or not. This way you won’t have to pay the car’s full amount in cash.
7. Negotiate the Price: Irrespective of whether you are purchasing a new, used or abandoned the car, you must negotiate the price in your favour. Hence, if you have checked the abandoned car's condition thoroughly and have decided to invest in it then you must quote a random figure (which is low) to strike a favourable deal.
To sum up, purchasing abandoned luxury cars in Dubai for sale can be quite the task, especially when you have limited knowledge about the vehicle’s past and exact condition. This is exactly why you require the expert assistance of a mechanic or someone who can check the car thoroughly and provide you with the right advice. It is also important to check with the DMV and determine whether the car has any previous history of being stolen as well as accidents or not. Lastly, you must drive the car yourself to determine whether the car is in perfect working condition or not. Test driving the car will also help you to get comfortable with the car and understand if it is worth your money or not.