Used Car Dealers In Dubai
Buying used cars in Dubai can be quite tricky, particularly when you are an expatriate or new to the city. While some people think of purchasing used cars for sale in Dubai because they cannot afford a brand new high-end model of their preferred car or because they are planning to stay in the city for a limited period. However, whatever your reasons for purchasing Dubai used cars for sale, it is only ideal that you keep the following tips at the back of the mind at the time of purchasing a used car.
Purchasing a Used Car-What You Need to Know?
The first step to purchasing a used car in Dubai is to identify a reputed used car dealer who can provide you with all the assistance that you may require for purchasing a second-hand car. A reputed dealer provides their clients with fully inspected cars that are in good condition and shape. They also offer insurance and financing assistance and ensure that all the paperwork is closed in the right manner. When it comes to purchasing used cars in Abu Dhabi, you can search for widely acclaimed car dealers online and scan their platform to pick your favourite model or brand. Today, many used cars Dubai dealers provide thousands of cars for sale to people who are interested in purchasing luxury cars or SUVs or any other model of their choice. Depending upon your driving style, preference and the number of passengers who would travel in the car, you can pick a wide variety of used cars in Dubai such as Toyota, Honda, BMW, Nissan, Volkswagen, and more.
If you are looking to purchase a pre-owned car, then you must also understand that failure to choose your car carefully can result in you incurring huge expenses in the long run. You must also understand that buying a new car may not be a very economical option in Dubai, especially when you don’t plan to stay in the country for longer periods. Hence, used cars are an excellent option and based on your preference you can pick cars of different models and price ranges. Below, take a look at some of the tips that are helpful in purchasing used cars in Dubai.
1. Pick Your Preferred Model: As already mentioned above, you must prepare a list of the models or brands of used cars for sale to pick your preferred vehicle. Typically, you should shortlist 2-3 brands and pick models based on their price, resale value, service & maintenance costs and the number of passengers as well as other factors that you think may be crucial for purchasing a used car.
2. Turn to a Reputed Dealer: While choosing a brand/model is simple, finding the right or reputed pre-owned car dealer can be quite the task. There are a number of used car dealers who claim that they offer a wide range of used cars in good condition, but most of them fail to deliver what they promise. Hence, it is always a good idea to check with some of your friends or associates and pick the best-used car Dubai dealer for purchasing a pre-owned car. Alternatively, you can perform an online search and check the reviews offered by other car owners in Dubai who may have purchased used cars. Remember to compare the brands and price and speak to the dealer to gather more details about the care as well as car owner before you invest your money in your preferred used car.
3. RTA Approval is a Must: No matter what you do, when it comes to purchasing used cars in Abu Dhabi, you must find out whether the car is in good condition or not. In order to determine, the car’s actual condition, you must always inquire the dealer or the car owner whether the vehicle is RTA approved/check or not. It must be noted that in order to get the RTA approval, the car must pass a number of tests and checks that are carried out by the RTA-approved test centres themselves. These checks/tests help in determining whether the car is worth driving on the road or not. It also ensures that the car is free from all sorts of legal complications. Pre-owned car buyers in Dubai must also know that the RTA certificate remains valid only for a period of 30 days from the date when it was issued. This implies that the vehicle has undergone a recent check and is in good working condition.
4. Check the Vehicle Thoroughly: The next step to purchasing Dubai used cars for sale is to ensure that your preferred model has been thoroughly checked for performance. In order to ensure that the car is worth your time and money, you must take it to a garage or alternatively ask your mechanic to check the car at the dealer’s showroom. During the full car check-up, the mechanic will check the car inside out to determine whether the car owner has overpriced his/her car or not. Typically, your mechanic should check the car’s engine to identify any leakages and also find out whether the electrical parts of the car in good condition or not. Right from checking whether the interiors, lighting, air-conditioner and music/navigation system of the car is in perfect condition or not to assessing the actual condition of the tyre, windows, doors etc. of the vehicle, your mechanic should be able to tell you if the car is ideal from an investment point of view or not.
5. Test Drive the Vehicle: Before you agree on the price of the used car, don’t forget to test drive it to get a feel of the car. When you test drive the car yourself, you will automatically come to know whether it is the right one for you or not. During the test drive, check whether the car’s light, doors, windows, and horn are functioning properly or not. You must also drive the car at different speed levels and change the gear to check if everything is working fine or not. Remember, you may want to resell the used car and if it is not in the right condition, then buying the vehicle would only result in a huge loss or waste of money. So, get inside the car and drive it for a considerable amount of time to determine whether it is a good deal or not.
6. Get an Auto Loan: If you aren’t looking to pay for the used car in full or even if you are facing a shortage of cash, it is always a good idea to opt for an auto loan. A number of banks in Dubai offer auto loan facility for purchasing Dubai used cars for sale. In fact, they finance up to 80-90% of the car’s price, which makes owning a car much simpler and convenient. To secure a loan for your used car, you will have to provide the valuation certificate to the bank. This certificate is issued by the authorized used car dealer and you can acquire it after you’ve selected your preferred brand and agreed on a price with the seller.
To sum up, buying used cars in Dubai or abandoned luxury cars in Dubai is a hassle-free and simple process that requires the buyer to choose his/her favourite model and further approach the right car dealer. Once you have figured the car that you intend to invest, you must get the vehicle thoroughly checked and tested for on-road performance. Apart from this, it is also important that you get the pre-owned car fully insured. Remember, irrespective of whether you are purchasing new or used cars for sale, insurance is a must. This would save you from unnecessary financial expenses that you may have to incur in case the vehicle meets an accident or even when one or many of its parts fail to function properly.